End User Instructions for Adding Users to EASYLABEL 5 or 6 Multi User or Updating from one feature level of EASYLABEL 5 or 6 to another.
NOTE : It is NOT possible to upgrade to Multi User without the exchange of WIBU Keys. (For example it is not possible to upgrade a single user Platinum key to a Multi User key)
To add users to an existing installation of EASYLABEL Multi User or to Upgrade from one feature level to the next, the contents of the WIBU key must be modified. This can be accomplished simply by exchanging files.
Follow these steps:
Creating the Remote Context File
The Remote Context File (.WBC) file is used to create a unique update (.RTU) file that will unlock features in EASYLABEL or add users to your installation of EASYLABEL Multi User. If you already have an update (.RTU) file, skip ahead to the next section.
1. Open the EASYLABEL program and click Help | Software Key Settings or simply press the F3 key on your keyboard when EASYLABEL is running.
2. Click the “Create Remote Context File” button and the “WibuKey Software Protection : Test and Settings” Window will open.
3. Click the Browse button and then enter the name for the Remote Context File (WBC). Please use the key’s Serial Number for the name (The Serial Number is listed above in the Selected WIBU-BOXes list.)
4. Click Apply to create the file. If you were successful, you should now see a message box stating that the context information was written to a file. Click OK to close the message box. Then click OK again and then one more time.
5. Go to the directory where the Context file was saved. You can now E-mail this file to your Reseller.
Updating EASYLABEL with the update (.RTU) file
The update (.RTU) file can be executed by either double-clicking on it or by using the ‘WIBU BOX Update’ function. By Double Clicking
1. Copy the update (.RTU) file to the desktop of the machine that has the WIBU key physically attached to it.
2. Double click on the update file to execute it. You should then see a message box informing you of the update.
3. If you are updating a Multi User installation the new maximum number of user will not be available until the WIBU Key Server process is restarted. Go to the WIBU Key Server and stop the WIBU Key Server Process. Then restart the WIBU Key Server Process.
(The server itself does not need to be restarted.)