Using EASYLABEL and an MS-ACCESS Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) Driver
The purpose of this document is to provide troubleshooting information when using an ODBC driver with EASYLABEL.
Section I. Identifies some common issues that pertain to the ODBC driver setup.
Section II.Identifies some common issues that pertain to EASYLABEL and connection to the data file specified in the ODBC driver setup.
I. Common issues pertaining to the ODBC driver setup.
Data Source Name is not listed in EASYLABEL’s “DATABASE SYSTEM” selection box.
– the ODBC driver is not installed.
– the ODBC driver is installed; however the path for the data source is incorrect.
The data file name is not listed in EASYLABEL’s “TABLE NAME” selection box.
– the ODBC driver version is incompatible with the application version
– the path in the ODBC driver setup is incorrect.
– the data file is already open and the ODBC driver cannot display an open file.
EASYLABEL cannot display the field names.
– if there are any index files associated with the data file, the index files may be corrupt.
– the data file may be corrupt.
II. Issues regarding EASYLABEL and the data file.
When adding an MS-Access Database field to a format, an ‘Obsolete Database Format’ message appears.
The Database was created with MS-Access 2.0, however, the ODBC driver that is being used only supports MS-Access version 1.0 and 1.1.
Acquire a newer ODBC driver that supports the version of MS-Access. After the correct driver is installed and the proper connection to the database is set, you should be able to create fields on the format where information will come from the MS-Access database.
When printing a format that queries data from an Access ODBC driver, the Key field list box is empty.
The Access ODBC driver is not in full compliance with the predefined requirements for ORDER BY and DISTINCT queries. (problem noted by Microsoft in TechNet 7/96).
Compliance is necessary by the ODBC driver,…. no information is available on the status of a resolution from Microsoft. We are unable to provide a fix in EASYLABEL since we are on the recieving end of this error condition.